Interested in volunteering for the 2015 season? It's a great way to help sustain market operations.
Please consider this.....
Volunteering for the Farmers Market gives you the opportunity.....
• To learn where your food comes from
• Get to know some of the producers
• Discover local food and how to eat seasonally
• Join a dedicated group of volunteers who care about what they eat & enjoy some outdoor park time.
SHIFTS: market operates rain or shine
- help vendor load in 2pm to 3:30pm
- help vendor load out 6:30pm to 7:45pm
- there is also an early shift 12:30pm to 2:30pm to set up pylons to reserve vendor parking and monitor area.
You may commit to any time frame that works best for you i.e. 1, 2 or 3 months at any point of season or the entire season. Anything is possible, we'd appreciate the hand!
If you would like to join our volunteer team, send us an email through our contact page.
Alternatively, if you can't volunteer on the day of market, there are other ways to contribute to the market e.g. flyer distribution, painting things, maintenance on our meagre equipment and this year in particular we need eight concrete tent weights made. Perhaps you have some other skills? Let us know. We'll put you to good use if we can!