Interested in volunteering for the upcoming 2016 season? It's a great way to help sustain market operations.
Please consider this.....
Volunteering for the Farmers Market gives you the opportunity.....
• To learn where your food comes from
• Get to know some of the producers
• Discover local food and how to eat seasonally
• Join a dedicated group of volunteers who care about what they eat & enjoy some outdoor park time.
SHIFTS: market operates rain or shine
- morning set up of signage i.e. sandwich boards, banner
- organizers' set up 12:30pm to 2pm; tent and pylons to reserve vendor parking
- help vendor load in 2pm to 3:30pm
- help vendor load out 6:30pm to 7:45pm
You may commit to any time frame that works best for you i.e. 1, 2 or 3 months at any point of season or the entire season. Anything is possible, we honestly appreciate the hand.
Alternatively, if you can't volunteer on the day of market, there are other ways to contribute to the market e.g. flyer distribution, painting things, handyperson stuff, social media, outreach. None of those? Perhaps you have a particular skill? Let us know. We'll put you to good use if we can ;-)